Friday, March 06, 2009

Spread the Word: Automatic Updates and New Computers FAIL

I have long been a proponent of using the Automatic Update settings to "Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them". Having a dial-up connection for so many years, that setting was ideal for me. The updates would be downloaded in the background when I was connected to the Internet and I would be notified when they were ready to install -- which was usually three to five days after release.

Even though I now have a broadband connection, I wouldn't dream of changing the Automatic Update setting. I still review the updates before installing. Its easy to do -- just right click on the checked update and select "View details". A window will open describing the update and providing a link to any relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article.

Read my friend, Bill Pytlovany's article and see why "new computers FAIL" and then join in helping to spread the word.

--> Bits from Bill: Automatic Updates and New Computers FAIL <--







Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

No comments: